26.1.11

Sicknesss In The Air

Spring semester has begun and the workload is coming, hopefully I am prepared.  What I wasn't prepared for was the amount of loved ones who are seriously sick.  I like to believe things happen for a reason but it's hard to justify such illnesses happening to such great people.  A woman who has been hardworking and selfless her whole life shouldn't be in and out of the hospital with lung cancer.  A young woman who has her whole future ahead of her full of goals and success should be stressing about her next presentation, not about cancer.  A young girl who has the brightest personality and the most contagious laugh should be running in the playground with her friends and not having more risky surgeries in her 5 years of life than most people have in their lifetime.  It's things like these that really motivate me to seek health and happiness.  These people and what they are going through have made me realize that the little things I usually stress over are seriously not worth it.  With that being said, I am now extremely worried about them, but at least I've moved on to legitimate things to worry about.  On a lighter note, I have been going to the gym everyday this week.  I know it's somewhat surprising.  Why would a guy who looks like a string bean be going to the gym?  Well, I'm attempting to gain some muscle which is pretty hard when you have no mass to work with.  I can't even gain weight from eating a lot of food but we shall see.  At first I was hesitant to go to the gym because I felt like I would stick out against all the macho men who are the usual gym-goers.  However, it wasn't too bad.  I did stick out a bit but I got over it.  I just realized that they had to start from scratch at some point too.  It's been 4 days and I'm pretty sore.  I'm starting to see a slight change, I guess it's muscle definition and not gain but it's progress nonetheless =] 

No comments:

Post a Comment