9.1.11

Sleeping Arrangement Update

Although I was somewhat sad to see my last sleeping partner leave, I am much happier with the more normal sleeping arrangement.  I now have a normal bed that rests 1'6" off the floor rather than from the ceiling.  It took me a total of 13 hours to complete the update which included cleaning out all the clutter from the bed, under the bed, on the desk, and on the shelf.  That part of the process left my room looking like a tornado hit with mountains of debri.  The next step was disassembling the loft bed.  This wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I guess I must thank Ikea for that.  After bringing the remains of the bed outside, it was time to put together and stain my new resting place.  The disassembling and putting together of the beds was thought to be the most time consuming.  However, the organization and cleaning up the aftermath took the most time but was well worth it.  While 80% of my furniture is from ikea, my room does not look like an ikea showroom which I am happy about.  Overall I am very pleased.  As I write this post on my new bed, I'm just excited to have my computer on my lap while sitting upright.  On the loft bed, I couldn't even lift up my head.  While the aroma of the bombay mahogany stain still lingers, it is clowded by the joy of having an organized normal sleeping area.  


 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Billy! Definitely more spacious. Do you still have a desk?

    ReplyDelete