17.1.11

The Start of The End

As my last semester at Pratt approaches, much faster than I wanted, a rush of emotions is coming over me.  Although I'm often worried and anxious, this feels different.  I'm nervous, full of dread, scared, and excited.  It's a mixture of many feelings that I can't avoid.  I am so ready to get out of school yet I'm not ready to head into reality.  I am dreading the 'real world' yet ready to leave the stresses of pratt behind.  I'm scared of this last semester and what it may bring, but I'm excited to finally finish.  I don't have a choice in the direct outcome of this semester let alone my entire career as a student.  My mom has always said "all you can do is your best" and that's exactly what I've done.  I've made it through 18 long years of school with so much in my brain, little in my pocket, and many in my heart.  The first day of classes for the spring semester is tomorrow which I can not believe.  It feels like winter break never began and like the holidays have yet to happen.  With worries about my classes and thesis swirling in my head, lets just add the thought of grad school into the mix.  While I thought I was approaching the end of being in school, thinking graduate school might be a waste at this point, I'm starting to reconsider.  It may be getting late to apply but we'll see.  I have no idea what I would major in or where I would go but the thoughts are now in my mind.  There are so many things to think about and worry about with school, the future, and my family.  All of these things in the mind of such a worry wart is probably not a good thing.  However, like always I'll kill some nerves and get through it.  It seems like an eternity away, but at the rate time is flying by it will be over in no time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment