9.2.11

Design Frustration

Analysis may be important like that of the site, program, concept, lighting, materiality, spatial transitions, etc.  The list can go on and on.  I've reached a point where I do not have a clue of what else to produce.  Diagram after diagram on board after board.  When does it end?  Should I make study models as space fillers?  I don't want to repeat anything but I feel like I don't have enough.  With the first presentation of the semester tomorrow, I hope to start off on the right foot.  The fact that I've already gotten stuck is not such a good sign.  I have my concept down.  I have a solid program.  I have a perfect site.  The only thing I'm missing is the mindset to focus and produce something.  Granted, I've went through an entire pad of trace paper creating diagrams and concept sketches but in the end only a select few seem relevant.  As the thought of presenting tomorrow ways heavy on my shoulders, I'll give you a sneak peek of what I have:

Thesis Statement:
To create new definitions of spatial transitions, mobility, and flexibility through exploring spatial outcomes and needs for the physically disabled in making a gathering activity hub for children.

Concept: 
When thinking of children, play, and activity, one thing that comes to mind is a playground.  It is a symbol of childhood play.  However, most physically disabled children can not utilize everything a playground has to offer.  So my concept is to adapt the idea of a playground and translate it into a spatial activity landscape. 

Program applied to a Playground

Playground = Activity Landscape




No comments:

Post a Comment