14.5.10

LAST day in Denmark, just feels WEIRD

Now that I only have 25 hours left in Denmark, it´s starting to feel weird though it doesn´t feel like I´m going home.  I am so anxious and excited to get home.  I can not wait to see my cat and dog, my cousins, my parents, and my friends.  But I feel like once I get home, it´s going to feel like this was all a dream.  Even though time went super fast, I can´t believe how much I´ve done.  It feels like I´ve been here forever.  The closing ceremony is in an hour and it feels weird.  It feels like the opening ceremony was just yesterday.  I was looking at all the pictures I´ve taken this semester and it felt so weird.  The pictures from Greece feel like so long ago nevermind the pictures from Sweden and Finland.  My host mom saw me packing and she said "No no Billy, you´re not allowed to pack.  It´s too weird." 

I´m going to miss the mom and the dad the most.  They have been nothing but kind, helpful, caring, and generous.  We´ve had many chats where we would talk for hours about life.  They would vent to me about their worries and concerns.  The dad vented to me about his kids having a party.  He came into my room, shut the door and sighed heavily.  twice.... and I would vent to them about school and work and my worries about everything.  Staying with a host family made these 4 months so much easier.  Knowing I had a home to go to with people who cared made it much less stressful.  They have asked me what I am going to miss the most and I couldn´t answer.  However, I think my answer is them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment