28.12.11

My Life Now... Positive Craziness

I haven't created a new blog post in over half a year! that's craziness.  It's been a rough few months searching for jobs, going on interviews, worrying about life, and being anxious about what will come next.  Fortunately, things are starting to get better.  What should I start talking about? A lot has happened since my last post.  I've spent countless hours searching for job posts online.  I spent full days sending out resumes.  I've had numerous nights of sleeplessness.  I gave almost 2 months of my life to retail..  My days were becoming a blur.  The occasional interview that popped up added a bit of nervous excitement.  Soon enough, I put an ad up on a website to try to gain some sort of attention from job seekers or clients and with the holiday season among us, I took a break from the job search.  I was losing hope.  

8 weeks ago, someone responded to my ad.  It was a man who was buying a home that he wants to design.  Can you believe it? He contacted me to redesign his home! while this may or may not happen, it made my heart skip a beat.  We e-mailed back and forth and concluded that he would contact me in January after closing.  Craziness! 

4 weeks ago, another person responded to my ad.  It was a man who owns a design studio in the city who was looking for an assistant.  He was interested in me? This was certainly a boost in my confidence because he found me.  We set up an interview a couple weeks ago and.... I GOT THE JOB! and I start next week... super craziness!

1 week ago, yet another person responded to my ad.  It was a woman who wants to redesign her apartment in the city and she was interested in learning more about me and my style.  Seriously? 3 people in 2 months who are interested in me and what I can do.  While she hasn't emailed me back, things are definately looking better. 

Ok, now it sort of sounding like I am bragging.  My bad.  I'm kind of happy right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment